Dr Q Consulting will:
- Conduct a 45 minute observation, once a week, in six week cycles for first year teachers, teachers in their first year with the district, or teachers designated as “needing support” based on RtI-Academic Tier 1 data
- Follow up with the teacher later the same week to provide constructive feedback from the observation in a reflective coaching feedback session, up to 45 minutes long.
- Provide small, simple steps toward improvement to the teacher with the expectation that these steps would be implemented immediately and noticeably seen during next week’s observation.
- Provide weekly feedback to campus administration on the progress of the teacher.
- Use the “waterfall” document from Get Better Faster (Bambrick-Santoyo, 2016) as the primary tool in diagnosing where the teacher needs to begin and focus his/her efforts.
- Move the teacher further down the “waterfall” document weekly over the six week observation cycle.
- Provide observable results in just one week.
Other considerations, Dr Q Consulting could…
- Lead teachers in T-TESS training.
- Support campus administrators with second appraisals,as needed.
- Assist campus administrators in writing growth plans (i.e. TINAs), as needed.
- Lead administrators in T-PESS and/or AEL training.
- Serve as a mentor teacher for new teachers to the profession, new teachers to the campus/district, or teachers struggling with classroom management and/or instructional delivery.
- Lead a mentor program for your campus or district
- Conduct third-party exit interviews when personnel leave the district.
- Assist in the recruitment, on-boarding, and retention of staff.
Expected Outcomes (compared to the previous school year):
- Reduce turnover rate by 20%
- Increase the applicant pool by 20%
- Increase teacher’s level of “feeling supported” by administration by 20%
- Increase the level of “qualified applicants” by 20%
- Decrease disruptive behavior in the classroom by 50%
- Increase instructional time/time-on-task by 50%
- Increase academic success by 20% (based on local assessments)
Possible Funding Sources:
- State Compensatory Education
- Title I, Part A
- Title II
- Title IV, Part A
- Title V, Part B
- Special Education, specifically CEIS funds